Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Family Is Awesome!

Yes, they are. The term may be out of date, but it describes how I feel about my amazing husband and children. On Sunday, Nathan sat down and interviewed each child. They spent quite a bit of time and came up with goals in 4 areas: physical, spiritual, intellectual, and social. (I didn't get an interview. I'm not sure if I can make any resolutions. It's that word: resolute. It's so.....rigid.) Anyway,last night for Family Home Evening we just chatted about our goals. We each expressed our biggest challenge and how members of the family can be supportive. We all felt empowered when we knew that we weren't alone, but had the support of the collective group. And wouldn't you know, we were all able to get up early today and tackle those challenges. Speaking for myself, I don't think I would have gotten up early to study and exercise if it wasn't for last night's exchange. So, to my family: I LOVE YOU ALL!!! You are AWESOME!!!

Here are a few pics from the holidays:










2 comments:

  1. I heard about the story of the dinosaur and tiger! Funny! You are both fabulous parents! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea! When my kids are a little older, I would like to try that. Justin and I are trying to be better about the little things this year. So far so good. And I agree, your family is awesome. You all look so happy! Oh, and tell Collin Happy Birthday! I've thought about him today! Love you all tons!

    ReplyDelete