Monday, December 8, 2008

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life

I had to restrain myself from blogging everyday last week. Is it okay to blog everyday? I had no idea how fun this would be. Why is it so fun, I ask myself. I think I found the answer. I'm learning something new and my brain is going wild with the excitement of new connections. Last week, Nathan and I watched the program "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life" on PBS. We learned that it is not too late to improve the health of our brains. Really, I had never thought much about brain health. Most of the information was everything we already know about living healthy lives: healthy diet, exercise, sleep, wear a helmet, etc...But what I hadn't realized was the value of learning new things. When we learn someting new, our brains form a new connection. We have countless connections. When we stop learning new things, those connections start breaking apart. I think that has been happening to me. So, just in the nick of time, I found something to keep those connections happening. I learned how to add pictures to my blog. I learned how to create a playlist and add music to my blog. That was very exciting! A learned how to add a blog list. I might try a video or slideshow this week. Look at me GO!! (pause the Christmas music before you watch the video!)

No comments:

Post a Comment